We have found another tilapia recipe we like 🙂 Yep, that makes 3. I found it on a website called He and She Eat Clean, and they actually got it from the Whole Foods‘ phone app. First of all, I didn’t know Whole Foods had a recipe app! I will definitely be adding it to my phone. Anyways, this one was called Southwestern Tilapia.
This recipe called for 4 fillets, and we only eat 2 in a single meal. So I halved it initially. But then we also didn’t want it to be really spicey, so I quartered the chili powder and cayenne pepper. The recipe below is how I altered it for the two of us!
- 2 tilapia fillets
- approx. 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- lime juice
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix spices together in a small bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil over each fillet.
- Sprinkle the spices mixture over each fillet.
- Drizzle lime juice over each fillets.
- Flip fillets over and repeat steps 3-5.
- Bake for approx. 10-12 mins until fillets flake easily.
It was so easy too! I mean, making sure I did the math right when measuring the spices was literally the most time consuming part. And by time consuming, I mean 10-15mins. Quick, easy and yummy. Can’t beat that! 🙂