Honeymoon time-final days

Our last full day in Atlantis we mainly visited the pools and slides, we watched a shark feeding, rode the slides a few more time, took another looong nap by the pool, and then wandered over to the beach for a while. 


 Luckily, the weather had been great all week!  I think it rained for few hours one morning earlier in the week, but we slept in and didn’t notice.  Only on our last full day did we have to deal with an afternoon shower.  And I feel like we got the best experience out of it.  We were just chilling on the beach and noticed some dark clouds rolling in from the ocean.  We sat and watched the storm roll in for almost an hour as it got closer and closer, and lightning stuck out over the ocean.  It was actually really cool!  I don’t know what the official weather term is for this, but a little tornado even developed over the water!  Eventually, it got close enough that we made a run for cover before the bottom dropped!  But even then we just hung out in the casino for a bit and then headed back to the room to relax before dinner.


 For our last honeymoon dinner we walked back to the marina and ate at a restaurant called Carmine’s.  All of their meals are family style.  Thank goodness the guy sitting next to us at the bar (who’s wife actually used to be the manager of Carmine’s in NYC) told us this because we were prepared to order our own meals.  That would have been a huge (costly) mistake!  This was our 1 plate between the two of us.  It was HUGE, and we ate leftovers from it the next day for lunch, and still threw some of it away!


This guy was the shuttle bus driver that takes you back and forth between the Haborside condo’s (where we stayed) and the main Atlantis resort.  He was crazy!  Ok, ya know the monkey Rafiki in The Lion King?  You know how he acts at the end of the movie, kinda crazy, when he meets grown up Simba?  THAT WAS THIS GUY!  Literally, every time we rode the bus with him he sang these Jamaican/Bohemian songs the whole time.  He was so hyper no matter what time of day it was, and it cracked us up.  We had to get a picture with him.

On our departure day we just had time to get up, get checked out, wander around the marina a bit, then head out to the airport.  There was a giant boat in the marina that Greg was intrigued by.  This thing was HUGE!  Enough so that he made me take several pictures next to it.


 At the airport, Greg bought a hand-rolled cigar from this guy.  And of course we had to keep ourselves entertained in the airport since we actually got there very early!  Then it was time to say goodbye to Nassau, Bahamas.  We had such a great trip!  I wouldn’t change a thing about it.  I would love to take a trip back one day, and I hope we do!