Here is the recipe I mentioned yesterday. It was delicious. Thank you husband-to-be 🙂
The original recipe can be found here: Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo It serves 8. The version typed below is for 4. Use the calculator on the website to adjust it to however much you need.
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (cut into cubes)
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, divided in half
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 pound fettuccini pasta
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour (this measurement is weird when you cut the recipe in half)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (another weird measurement)
- 1/4 pound shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1-1/2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet over medium heat combine chicken, 1 tablespoon butter, 1 tablespoon garlic, and Italian seasoning. Cook until chicken is no longer pink inside. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons butter in the skillet. Saute the onion, 1 tablespoons garlic and mushrooms until onions are transparent. Stir in flour, salt and pepper; cook approx. 2 minutes. Slowly add milk and half-and-half, stirring until smooth and creamy. Stir in Parmesan and Colby-Monterey Jack cheeses; stir until cheese is melted. Stir in chicken mixture, tomatoes and sour cream. Serve over cooked fettuccini.
And here’s the finished product one more time…